Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

I'm a Mormon.

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Advent

I've been wanting to make an advent calendar, but every cool idea I see or come up with seems to get expensive once you add up 25 of something, little boxes or ornaments or whatever. Or I could sew one, which sounds like a huge project to me and I would probably not finish it until next Christmas. Think of sewing or buying all the numbers! (i found all these ideas on pinterest by the way)
 

 

 
Then this morning I saw a cute one made with envelopes and got excited because that is something I already have!  
 
   



So here's what I came up with, I covered our ugly garage door with wrapping paper and glued envelopes to it! I LOVE IT!


each envelope has a paper with something fun for us to so that day. I haven't finished coming up with ideas, but here are some I have:
 new ornaments for the boys  
 write a letter to Santa
 read Christmas books
 make cookies and take them to someone
 make paper snowflakes
 make hot chocolate and stir with candy canes, put left over candy canes on the tree
 polar express story time at Barnes and Noble in desert ridge
 Go to ward Christmas party
 temple lights
 train park
 color Christmas pictures
 gingerbread nativity 
 learn new Christmas song
go see neighborhood Santa 
 watch the Nativity movie
 Glendale Glitters 
 call grandparents and sing a carol 
 write a letter to Jesus 
 make donuts 
   Read Luke 2 
 

2 comments:

Laurel Baker said...

Very cute idea Jodi! I LOVE it! We have a felt advent tree that I got on clearance after Christmas a few years ago and I can't keep Myles from taking the candy out of the little pockets all the time! I guess it is my fault for having it low enough that he can reach it! Hope you enjoy counting down the days with each activity you do! :)

Heidi said...

GREAT IDEA! How cute! you are awesome :)

My Cake Blog

background

Family of Four

Family of Four

What We Believe

What We Believe
Families are Forever

My Blog List

Followers

2011 Reading Challenge

2011 Reading Challenge
Jodi has read 12 books toward her goal of 30 books.
hide

Blog Archive

fun site

Latter-day Homeschooling