Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

I'm a Mormon.

Monday, August 8, 2011

To grandmother's house we go...

A couple of weeks ago, Jason and I took Friday off from work and drove to Geronimo to visit my grandparents for the weekend. I often feel sad that I don't have a home to go back to in Lakeside, so it felt great to remember that at least I have my grandparents home to remind me of my childhood.
Friday afternoon grandma and papa babysat Jack and Chandler while Jason and I did a session in the Gila Valley Temple. It was so beautiful and peaceful. After we left the temple we met them at Golden Corral for a yummy buffet dinner...

Jack enjoying spagetti, since I do NOT make it.

Chandler wanted lots of everything, including the packets of honey butter. Good thing we were at a buffet, I think he ate more than us adults!

Saturday Jason and I slept in while Jackson went with papa around the farm to feed animals and stuff. When Chandler woke up we realized Jackson had locked the bedroom door and the key was inside, so grandma had to scrape the putty off the window and pry it out so we could send Jack in to save Chandler. Jack enjoyed his special mission.


 Playing in the wash...

visiting the goats and horse...

The corner of Black's and Geronimo Lanes...
 Chandler and Papa tickling each other...

Saturday afternoon feeding ducks in Safford...

 Chasing papa's peacocks...
 Visiting the tree farm...
 24th of July parade with some of my cousins...
 Waiting for fireworks to start...

Happy Pioneer Day!

4 comments:

Laurel Baker said...

What great memories you are making with your boys!! They are getting so big and are just as cute as can be!! We miss you guys so much!

Gayle's Tales said...

It's always fun adventures going to Grandma and Grandpas house. :)

Collin and Hannah said...

We wanted to come over and introduce Jorgan to your little boys (maybe Collin did and I wasn't aware of it) but next time we'll definitely say hi! I think your grandparents are two of the greatest people ever! We sure love them around here!

Kenningtons said...

I haven't yet been to the Gila Valley temple but I've heard it's beautiful. Then again, what temple isn't but still it is a special temple to us who grew up in the Gila Valley. Looks like such a fun time at your grandparents' home.

My Cake Blog

background

Family of Four

Family of Four

What We Believe

What We Believe
Families are Forever

My Blog List

Followers

2011 Reading Challenge

2011 Reading Challenge
Jodi has read 12 books toward her goal of 30 books.
hide

Blog Archive

fun site

Latter-day Homeschooling