Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

I'm a Mormon.

Friday, April 22, 2011

Colored Eggs

This morning Jack and I tried out the silk tie technique of dying eggs.
http://www.ourbestbites.com/2011/04/silk-dyed-eggs-aka-tie-dyed/

Jack is really in to using scissors lately, so he had fun helping me cut the ties that we got from savers. And then after I wrapped the eggs he insisted on being the one to put the eggs into the pot. Look how proud he is! I think they turned out really cute. This was a lot less messy than dipping eggs in those food colored cups! Of course Jackson picked up the bowl of eggs to show Logan's mom and most of them went sliding out of the bowl and on to the floor! Thank goodness they were hard boiled! It was still worth it, Jack and I had fun together!

3 comments:

Laurel Baker said...

What a neat idea! I have never heard of that before! They look AWESOME! "Happy Easter" to you all!

Kenningtons said...

Those are really beautiful! I have never heard of dyeing eggs that way but I think I will have to try that next year.

bswafford said...

Holy cow! That's so fun! I had to go to the website you posted just to read how it's done. It's awesome. I've never heard of it either. And it looks like you had a very diligent little helper!

My Cake Blog

background

Family of Four

Family of Four

What We Believe

What We Believe
Families are Forever

My Blog List

Followers

2011 Reading Challenge

2011 Reading Challenge
Jodi has read 12 books toward her goal of 30 books.
hide

Blog Archive

fun site

Latter-day Homeschooling